Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Any parent or adult volunteering for study trips or tutoring must complete a background check prior to volunteering. Please see the counselor for forms and details.
Conferences are scheduled with every parent twice a year. Special conferences may be schedule at any time by contacting your child’s teacher. Conferences are designed to promote maximum understanding and cooperation between home and school for the benefit of the child.
The PTA (Parents and Teachers Association) is the official organization through which parents and teachers join hands to work for your child(ren).
Our PTA is made up of both men and women, who support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, community and before governmental bodies and others that make decisions affecting children. We encourage you to become actively involved members of the PTA. Your involvement and participation in your child’s “school life” demonstrates the value you place on learning. The cost of membership is $5.00
- Be Generous with Praise
- Encourage "Personal Best"
- Make Learning A Priority
- Show Interest in School Work
- Offer Suggestions
- Schedule Study Time
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.